Sunday 23 February 2014

Inside Beauty

Hello! 

So today I'm going to be talking about the beauty that's inside and some other things that have been bothering me. Today, I found out that Olympic swimmer Rebecca Adlington had had a nose job after being taunted for years about her looks. She once admitted “Every day I look in the mirror and go, ‘God, I'm not pretty. I've got a very big nose’. Personally, I think it's horrible that even after winning four Olympic medals and being Britain's most successful swimmer people still feel the need to talk about her looks rather than everything she has achieved. I mean, and this qualifies for everyone, any perfections that we do have, we tend to know. We see ourselves in the mirror everyday and DON'T need other people to point them out to us. Honestly, I think she's beautiful. But, other people feel like they need to tell her she has a big nose, she's ugly, or even make a pathetic joke about her weight. Throughout 'I'm a Celebrity' last year she seemed so lovely and after all she's been through already why would you waste your time making fun of her?
Rebecca at Sony Radio Academy Awards 2013(I do not own the picture)
In 2008, Frankie Boyle caused disgrace on BBC2's 'Mock of the Week'. Yes, I understand that the point of the show is to 'Mock'(well, I haven't actually watched it) but to say "She looks like someone who’s looking at themselves in the back of a spoon.” and “The thing that nobody ­really said about Rebecca Adlington is that she looks pretty weird.'' is outrageous. Being famous, he must be looked up to and it's horrible to think someone saying things like that could be a role model to someone. Younger people could be watching him and thinking that that's what they need to say to be funny. Surely, being a comedian(a very controversial one indeed) he should be able to be funny without being offensive?

Anyway, I think that everyone is beautiful but that it only matters what's on the inside. Nobody deserves to be judged simply for their looks, if you're a good person then that should be all that matters. 

Thanks for reading,
Emilyxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment